Tuesday 5 October 2010

Life in Perspective

It's that time again! Another I.T class, another hour of my life lost.. Don't worry though you aren't distracting me, the teacher hasn't come and yet I'm still sat, boiling to death, in this classroom...
Recently I've been thinking, often we don't realise exactly what's in front of us.

"As we strain to grasp the things we desire, the things we think will make our life better: money, popularity, fame... we ignore what truly matters... the simple things, like friendship, family, love. The things we probably already had."


I heard that quote the other day, and I was drawn to it's truthfullness. Sometimes I think we need to just sit down and take a minute to be thankful for what we have. We are often too quick to complain about how badly life's treating us right now, or how depressed we are, but I implore you to close your eyes and think. We say those things, but I honestly don't think we know their true meaning. As a nation, on the whole, we are the lucky ones. We aren't in the Third World, we have access to clean water and a health service, we aren't living in extreme poverty, most of us don't have to worry about where our next meal is coming from... Just take a moment to think. Is your life really THAT bad? 

I believe that when life's getting you down, you mustn't let the bad overshadow the great. Look for the good things, it might take you a while to realise what they are but when you do, you'll come to see that they are the most important things. Things that quite often are so simple and taken for granted but are what truly matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment